Harvest of Hope Partners
We strongly believe in collaboration with other organizations to promote healthy and sustainable farming, nutrition awareness, and promoting local farming.
Harvest of Hope is a project of Abalimi Bezekhaya so of course we could not do what we do without the support our teammates provide to our farmers. These are just a few of the organisations we feel honoured in partnering with to build a better tomorrow.
Harvest of Hope partners with select organizations and traders focusing on local, ethical, fair trade, and organically grown items. We like to source and provide a complement to our vegetables each week. Thanks to our produce partners for making it possible and highlighting other great products available in Cape Town!
- Cape Town Spice Market
- Ethical Co-op
- Hungry Herbivore
- Naturally Organic
- Tierhoek Organics
- Usana Farming Estate
Restaurants and Catering
We would like to thank the chefs and managers for supporting our local farmers and promoting a healthy South Africa. We are honoured to be featured in their kitchens, on their menus, and part of their successful enterprises. Please support them as they support us!
We would like to recognize the following partners for supporting Abalimi farmers through their weekly orders of HoH vegetables:
- The Mount Nelson with Head Chef Rudi Liebenbeg, our first restaurant partner
- The Black Sheep with Chef/Owner Jonathan Japha, one of our first restaurant partners and our largest account
- The Vineyard Hotel with Head Chef Carl Van Rooyen
- The CTICC with Chef Roberto De Carvalho
- Gather with Chef/Owner Filippa Harrington
- ASH Restaurant with Chef/Co-Owner Ashley Heeger, whose goal is to serve HoH produce in every dish
- The Hungry Herbivore with Chef/Owner Amy Scott
- Edible Co. with Lisa Simpson
- Food Jams with Chef/Owner Jade de Waal
- Frankie Fenner Meat Merchants with Andy Fenner
- The Healing Tree Health Shop in Sea Point
- Hallelujah with Head Chef Emma Hofmans
- Maria’s Greek Cafe & Restaurant in Gardens
- The Shortmarket Club with Head Chef Wesley Randles and Sous Chef Jabir Moses
For help in incorporating seasonal and local vegetables into your menu, or to be more vegetarian friendly please contact our wholesale team manager.
There’s so much to do with all these vegetables. Each week, we are featuring possibilities to use the bag content in a delicious and healthy way on our recipe card. These are the people that are creating these recipes for you:
Harvest of Hope is very much a community organisation. If you or someone you know would like to get involved, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are graciously accepting volunteers, marketing support, more restaurants, new local champions, and farmers to help fill the demand we currently have. Please contact us with any queries or suggestions.
Thanks to these folks and a growing number of partners, Harvest of Hope can continue to purchase from more emerging farmers and build our capacity to serve Cape Town and our local farmers.