Friends of Abalimi Tour
Join us on Tuesdays for the Friends of Abalimi Tour, from 9am-12pm, except for public holidays, very heavy weather, taxi riots, or popular uprisings.
The tour starts at at 9am outside the PnP Express at the BP garage in Wynberg (corner Rosmead Ave and Wetton Road) and visits some community gardens in Gugulethu and the Nyanga Garden Centre, and finishes up at the Harvest of Hope pack shed in Philippi.
These tours are for Friends of Abalimi, and are free of charge, although donations are always welcome.
- This tour is free and is preferably for adults only. See below for other options.
- Our tours go out most Tuesdays (unless Tuesday is a public holiday, then Wednesday), but we request that you confirm your attendance in advance.
- The tour is for fact finding and is “no frills”. Please make sure you wear a hat and suitable walking shoes as well as all-weather gear. It can be boiling hot one moment and rainy and cold with gale force wind the next.
- You will need to bring along any refreshments you might want, or can purchase something at Philippi Village at the end of the tour.
- Please contact us if you would like to join or have any questions.
- These tours are free to donors, friends, researchers, journalists and VIP’s. Tours can’t normally be exclusive, but please see below.
- Tourist groups are asked to donate a minimum of R2500 to participate.
- Children’s group activity outings can be arranged on any day at a minimum donation request of R150/head or R2500/morning or R5000/day, plus costs, dependent on what is possible for you and do-able for us. Please discuss with us.
- Special visits or tours as well as once off volunteer experiences for adult groups on other days also attract a minimum donation request of R150/head or R2500/morning or R5000/day, plus costs, dependent on what is possible for you and do-able for us. Please discuss with us.
- Donors and Friends are welcome to request individual visits where donations can be waived. Please discuss with us.
Want to see more….?
Are you interested in seeing more of the townships and projects changing the landscapes literally and figuratively?
Join our friends at Uthando Community Tours on an in-depth tour of the township areas including our gardens, Young Farmer Training Centre, and other amazing projects. Part of the ticket fee will go back to each project you visit. To book with Uthando please email or contact them directly.
See what we do…
To get an idea of what we do, click here to see some of the Abalimi Bezekhaya video’s.