Order your veggie box
We are pleased to confirm that, despite the recent drought, our farmers have been growing great veggies! We are asking if you can support these farmers by buying surplus vegetables that they have while we do a “slow-relaunch” of the box scheme.
While they are busy planting vegetables for the full re-launch in the new year, we would like to encourage you to support the farmers by buying surplus vegetables that are ready for picking. You will get great organically grown veggies and they can sell their vegetables, so it is a win-win!
Over the next few months (October to January) we will be providing an “interim box” due to the limited variety and availability of vegetables, but this will change when we move into summer. As in the past, we will facilitate the process by collecting the veggies from the farmers in the townships and delivering it to the collection points closer to your home.
Three easy steps:
- Please fill in the order form below – you will get a confirmation.
- Make an EFT payment in advance, preferably a full month if possible to help reduce admin and overheads. We also testing SnapScan – see below. Please confirm your payment via email at email@example.com so that we can prepare your box.
- Collect your veggies from your selected collection point.
We propose to have only two collection points this year, but aim to expand in the new year again:
- Starke Ayers on Liesbeek Parkway in Rondebosch (2pm-4.30pm) 021-685 4120 – Map
- Health Matters in Sea Point, Medical Center Arcade, 11 Kloof Road (1.30pm- 4.30pm) 021-434 5490 – Map
- Riverine Rabbit in Cape Town CBD at 81 Church St, opposite Heritage car park off Buitengracht near Wale Street (1pm-6pm) 021-424 7204 (NEW COLLECTION POINT) – Map
- Abalimi Packshed at Airport Industria, 1 Boston Circle – Map
There will be 10 vegetables in each “interim box” and aimed at a medium family at a cost of R170 per box per week. Some of the organically grown veggies you can expect include beetroot, celery, beans, lettuce, cabbage, spring onion, spinach, carrots, fennel, coriander but this could vary depending on availability.
Please make your payment into the Abalimi HOH account
For reference please use BOX: Your Name and Surname (i.e. BOX_Adam_Farmer)
We will not be able to deliver unless we know you have ordered!
Please send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Account holder: Abalimi Bezekhaya
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Thibault Square, Cape Town
Branch code: 020909
Current Account: 070833249
You can also pay by SnapScan, just let us know so that we can connect your payment to your order (our team are gardeners, not magicians). We just testing this SnapScan system, so let us know if it works or if you have any problems. We trying to find solutions that are convenient and practical.
If you are unable to pick up your box at the times specified for any reason, any uncollected vegetables will be donated to a charity. We would rather ensure that the veggies have a happy tummy than go to waste.
Please bear in mind that we are not a business, but we are trying to support farmers in the townships. Once again thank you for your on-going loyal support which helps the urban farmers to gain an income from their organically grown vegetables.
Feel free to call us if needed on 021 371 1653
or email us on email@example.com