Order your veggie box
It is time to order your fresh, local, seasonal and organically grown vegetables with a social conscience! Dedicated farmers have been working hard to grow these veggies and we facilitate the process by collecting the veggies from the farmers in the townships and delivering it to the collection points closer to your home.
You will get great organically grown veggies and the farmers can sell their vegetables, so it is a win-win!
We did relaunch with an “interim box” due to the limited variety and availability of vegetables, but we are however back to business as usual and you have an option of the with the STANDARD BOX, suitable for two people (7-8 veggies), while the FAMILY BOX has 10-11 veggies depending on variety and availability.
Three easy steps:
- Please fill in the order form below – you will get a confirmation.
- Make an EFT payment in advance, preferably a full month if possible to help reduce admin and overheads. We also testing SnapScan – see below. Please send your proof of payment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can prepare your box.
- Collect your veggies from your selected collection point.
Below is a list of our current collection points. We are however expanding on these in the near future! Please see preferred collection times. If you prefer home delivery, please let us know via email.
- Abalimi Packshed at Airport Industria, 1 Boston Circle – Map
- Food Jams, 45 Yew Street, Salt River (1.30pm- 4.30pm) 063 292 0419 – Map
- Greenhouse Nursery, Montabello Centre, 31 Newlands Avenue, Newlands (2pm- 4.30pm), 021 689 9598 – Map
- Health Matters in Sea Point, Medical Center Arcade, 11 Kloof Road (1.30pm- 4.30pm) 021-434 5490 – Map
- Riverine Rabbit in Cape Town CBD at 81 Church St, opposite Heritage car park off Buitengracht near Wale Street (1pm-6pm) 021-424 7204 – Map
- Starke Ayers on Liesbeek Parkway in Rondebosch (2pm-4.30pm) 021-685 4120 – Map
- The Brasserie (COMING SOON), Shop 1, Forest Glade House, Tokai Main Road (2pm-4.30pm) 021 712 1363 – Map
Some of the organically grown veggies you can expect include potatoes, beetroot, beans, lettuce, cabbage, spring onion, spinach, carrots, rhubarb, onions, coriander but this could vary depending on availability. You will need to chose between the family or standard box size:
- STANDARD BOX will have 7-8 veggies for R160, suitable for two people
- FAMILY BOX will have 10-11 veggies for R190, suitable for a family
Note that clients that have paid for their interim box will have the benefit of now receiving the family box at no extra cost. Your support is appreciated!
Please make your payment into the Abalimi HOH account
For reference please use BOX: Your Name and Surname (i.e. BOX_AdamFarmer)
We will not be able to deliver unless we know you have ordered!
Please send proof of payment or any questions to email@example.com
Account holder: Abalimi Bezekhaya
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Thibault Square, Cape Town
Branch code: 020909
Current Account: 070833249
If you pay six months upfront, then you will get one box free! This really helps the farmers to know that they have ongoing support, while it helps u with admin.
You can also pay by SnapScan, just let us know so that we can connect your payment to your order (our team are gardeners, not magicians). We trying to find solutions that are convenient and practical.
If you are unable to pick up your box at the times specified for any reason, any uncollected vegetables will be donated to a charity. We would rather ensure that the veggies have a happy tummy than go to waste.
Please bear in mind that we are not a business, but we are trying to support farmers in the townships. Once again thank you for your on-going loyal support which helps the urban farmers to gain an income from their organically grown vegetables.
Feel free to call us if needed on 021 371 1653
or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Harvest of Hope Team