Friends of Abalimi Tour
We like to share the work that Abalimi does with our friends, but this also takes up a lot of time. If you would like to learn more, please connect with us directly so that we can set up a tour.
- These tours are free to donors, friends and VIP’s, but donations are much appreciated. Please see below for more options.
- The tour is for fact finding and is “no frills”. We include it into our day to day jobs, so please bear with us, or alternatively join the Uthando Tours (see below).
- Please bring along:
- suitable walking shoes
- sun hat and sun screen, depending on season
- all weather gear – it can be very hot or raining, so check the weather
- any refreshments you might want, including water.
- Journalists are requested to provide us with a copy of the article to share on our website and to include our contact details. Please see some of the previous articles involving Abalimi.
- Researchers are requested to provide us with a copy of their research to share on our website. Note if specific interviews are required with farmers this will need to be negotiated and they will need to be compensated for their time and effort in contributing towards the research. Please see some of the previous research involving Abalimi.
- Tourist groups are asked to donate a minimum of R2500 to participate.
- Children’s group activity outings can be arranged on any day at a minimum donation request of R150/head or R2500/morning or R5000/day, plus costs, dependent on what is possible for you and do-able for us. Please discuss with us.
- Special visits or tours as well as once off volunteer experiences for adult groups on other days also attract a minimum donation request of R150/head or R2500/morning or R5000/day, plus costs, dependent on what is possible for you and do-able for us. Please discuss with us.
- Saturday’s are not ideal, as farmers also have a life and need to do other things over the weekends, and we need to pay staff extra. Please discuss with us.
- Donors and Friends are welcome to request individual visits where donations can be waived. Please discuss with us.
Want to see more….?
Are you interested in seeing more of the townships and projects changing the landscapes literally and figuratively?
Join our friends at Uthando Community Tours on an in-depth tour of the township areas including our gardens, Young Farmer Training Centre, and other amazing projects. Part of the ticket fee will go back to each project you visit. To book with Uthando please email or contact them directly.
See what we do…